For games of December 10 – 14, 2020
– JAVON HARGRAVE, DT, Philadelphia (5th season SOUTH CAROLINA STATE) – In 24-21 upset win over New Orleans, had four total tackles, two solo sacks for -13 yards, two assisted tackles, a third hit on the quarterback and a recovery of fumble forced by teammate Josh Sweat. Was in on 42 offensive plays (67%) and five (5) plays on special teams (19%). The former two-time MEAC Defensive Player of the Year was a sack machine during his days at SC State.
– DARIUS LEONARD, LB, Indianapolis (3rd season, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE) – In 44-27 win over Las Vegas, led the Colts with 11 tackles, eight solos, one tackle for loss. Was in on 53 plays on defense (78%) and three (3) on special teams (10%). Leonard, like Hargrave, was a two-time winner of the MEAC’s Defensive Player of the Year award, and was a tackling maching at SC State.
– ANTHONY LEVINE SR., DB/LB, Baltimore (9th season, TENNESSEE STATE) – In 45-42 win over Cleveland, had one tackle on defense. Was in on eight (8) plays on defense (10%) and 27 on special teams (82%).
TERRON ARMSTEAD, LT, New Orleans (8th season, ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF) – In 24-21 loss to Philadelphia, Saints ran for 96 yards and one TD and passed for 291 yards and two TDs while surrendering five (5) sacks. Was in on all 63 plays on offense (100%).
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
– TYTUS HOWARD, OT, Houston (3rd season, ALABAMA STATE) – In 36-7 loss to Chicago, started at right tackle and got in on all 66 plays on offense (100%) and one (1) on special teams (4%). The Texans rushed for 108 yards and passed for 218 yards and one TD and surrendered seven (7) sacks in the loss.
– GROVER STEWART, DT, Indianapolis (4th season, ALBANY STATE) – In 44-27 win over Las Vegas, had two (2) solo tackles and one hit on the quarterback. Played 39 snaps on defense (57%) and 13 on special teams (45%).
– DARRYL JOHNSON JR., DE, Buffalo (2nd season, NORTH CAROLINA A&T) – In 26-15 win over Pittsburgh, had no stats after playing 12 snaps on defense (21%) and 16 plays on special teams (57%).
– JAMIE GILLAN, P, Cleveland (2nd season, ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF) – In 45-42 loss to Baltimore, punted two (2) times for 91 yards (45.5 avg.) with a net average of 31.5 yards with one downed inside the 20. Gillan had a long punt of 56 yards. Played on eight (8) special teams’ plays (24%).
–ANTONIO HAMILTON, DB, Kansas City (5th season, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE) – In 33- 27 win over Miami, Hamilton had one assisted special teams’ tackle. He got in on 28 special teams’ plays (85%).
– DANNY JOHNSON, DB/S, Washington (3rd season, SOUTHERN) – In 23-15 win over San Francisco, had no stats. Was in on 21 special teams’ plays (64%).
– JOE THOMAS, LB, Dallas (6th season, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE) – In 30-7 win over Cincinnati, had no stats while playing on 14 plays on special teams (67%).
– RYAN SMITH, DB, Tampa Bay (NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL) – In 26-14 win over Minnesota, had no stats. Got in on 16 special teams’ plays (73%).
– TRENTON CANNON, RB/KR, Carolina (3rd season, VIRGINIA STATE) – In 32-27 loss to Denver, had one carry for -2 yards, and one kickoff return for 16 yards. Got in on two plays on offense (3%) and 16 plays on special teams (53%).